Circuswereld Forum

Welkom op dit forum. Lezen is leuk maar zelf een bericht plaatsen maakt het voor de anderen nog leuker.
Het is momenteel do mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

Alle tijden zijn UTC+01:00

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen  Reageer op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: za jan 15, 2022 4:32 pm 

Meldt ons het Nieuw-Zeelandse Stuff: https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/t ... -performer

Met een leuke video!

The highs and lows of a circus aerial performer

Circus performer Kiarnna Weber can’t remember how old she was when she first performed on stage.
“My first solo act that I’d done was when I was eight but the first time on stage, I don’t know,” she says.
“I’d say that maybe I was like four or five.”

Afbeelding

Weber, 22, is the oldest of eight children.
She grew up in the circus and is an aerial performer in the Weber Bros Circus, a family-run business which tours in New Zealand and abroad, Covid-19 restrictions permitting.
Once again, Weber is appearing in The Circus, a reality show which offers a glimpse into a world of sequins, danger and excitement.

For the programme’s new season, the show is in Queenstown where the family were based earlier last year.
When she is not practising or performing, Weber could well be attending to behind-the-scenes tasks such as adjusting costumes or fixing curtains.
Ivan, her boyfriend of six years, is also in the circus and rides a motorbike around Weber for a stunt known as The Globe Of Death.

Afbeelding

Being part of the circus means Weber and her family are often on tour, so schoolwork for her younger siblings happens on the road rather than in a classroom.
“Growing up, I never had friends my own age because you’re always having new performers come in,” says Weber.
“And if they don’t have kids, you know, it’s really hard.
“So when I was a teenager (it was), ‘Oh my gosh, why don’t I have friends? Why don’t I get to do this? Why don’t I get to go to a normal school?’
“But now, when I look back on it, I’m like, ‘Wow, I was so lucky’ because so many kids don’t get to go and do what I did at 16.”

At that age, Weber spent 10 months in South Africa when the circus toured the country before heading to South Korea.
It’s an experience she remembers fondly.
Weber was born in Australia to a German father and a New Zealand mother.
She grew up in Australia and New Zealand but the family are now based here.
In Weber’s line of work, there is always an element of risk, but Weber says she has never broken any bones while performing. She tries not to think about the possibility of getting injured.
“When you step into the ring, it’s all about what you’re about to do,” says Weber.
“You think about all the different moves you have to make and you think about entertaining the people. So that never comes to mind.
“Every performer that I’ve ever met always says the scariest part of performing is practising because the audience gives another element to the whole equation.
“As soon as the lights are on, the music is on, the audience is around, your scared (feelings) go out the window because you’re like, ‘No, I have to do this’.”

Afbeelding
Kaleah, Marie and Kiarnna Weber.

Even if she is having a bad day, Weber doesn’t let whatever is bothering her affect her once she is in front of an audience.
“Some days you’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, I don’t want to do this’ and you’re standing in the wings and you’re like, ‘No, not today’ and then you open the curtains and you’re smiling,” she says.
On the days she is performing, her daily routine means starting late (well late compared with some of us who work in offices) and going to bed after midnight.
“I get up in the morning at 10 o’clock,” says Weber.
“No earlier because we work at night until about 9.30 or 10 o’clock.
So by the time we get home and eat after that ... because you never eat before the show because you go off and do all this aerial spinning stuff.
“By the time you have a shower and cook, it’s like 12 o’clock so by the time you get to bed it’s so late and you just want to unwind and watch a movie and then it’s one o’clock.”
Weber loves being part of the circus but knows that at some point she will have to stop wowing the crowds with her impressive aerial moves.
“There is a cut-off age where you can stop performing for certain acts. I’d say mine would be probably 35 if you’re lucky,” she says.
“But definitely I see myself being in the circus forever. There are other jobs that I can do behind the scenes that aren’t performing, even though I love performing.”

En ze speelt dus een belangrijke rol in het tv-programma The Circus, Bravo, Saturday

Local reality series The Circus follows life under the Big Top for the Weber family.

Vanavond dus de 1e aflevering van het 2e seizoen.

Mooie tent trouwens!

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Terugblik op het vorige seizoen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM5NsCx61ks

Berichten van vorige weergeven:  Sorteer op  
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen  Reageer op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn UTC+01:00